Chemtronics Flextip Swabs
Flextips™ and Flextips™ Mini Swabs are constructed from medical grade, 100 ppi, polyurethane foam which features fine cell structure, providing excellent particle entrapment characteristics. The foam is thermally bonded to the nylon paddle and the polypropylene swab handle without using adhesives. The tough nylon paddle is very flexible and virtually unbreakable. These swabs are ideal for general cleaning applications.
CLICK HERE FOR SWAB SELECTION GUIDE
CLICK HERE FOR SWAB
Features & Benefits
- Superior durability
- Provides gentle, nonabrasive cleaning of sensitive surfaces
- 100 ppi foam head
- Traps surface particles while cleaning
- High solvent capacity; holds solvent well
- Fiberless construction does not generate loose fibers or particles
- No adhesives or binders are used in the construction
- Economical for high quantity applications
- Clean excess adhesives after gluing
- Clean micro-mechanical devices
- Remove Flux residues from printed circuit boards
- Apply small precise quantities of adhesive or lubricants
|Shelf Life||5 yrs.|
Are swabs available for cleaning static sensitive electronics?
Yes, Chemtronics offers a full line of ESD swabs. They include foam, knit polyester, or knit microfiber heads with static dissipative handles. The proprietary handle material has surface resistivity of 1.0 x 10_10 ohms/sq, and will dissipate 99% of (5 kV) charge in 0.5 seconds. This avoids static generation, and can dissipate a charge when the user is grounded.
Are Q-tips / cotton bud swabs lint free?
No, cotton bud swabs (aka Q-tips) can’t be considered lint-free. Cotton tends to lead behind threads and particulates. Open cell polyurethane foam swabs are a common, very clean replacement for cotton. If harsh solvents are being used on the swabs, or even more cleanliness is needed, knit polyester or microfiber swabs are an excellent choice.
What is a foam swab? / Why should I use a foam swab?
While cotton bud swabs (aka Q-tips) are commonly used for all kinds of precision cleaning, foam swabs are commonly used to reduce contamination from cotton threads and particulates. Foam swabs are usually made of open cell polyurethane for maximum cleanliness and absorbency. Foam swabs are usually made of open cell polyurethane for maximum cleanliness and absorbency.